- -founded in 2001
- -initiated first organized form of equine assisted therapy in city area of Rijeka and the Primorje-Gorski Kotar County
- -Promotes and develops cooperation with institutions and organizations from Kvarner County providing education and rehabilitation of children and persons with disabilities
- -Organized first regional competition in skills on horseback for the disabled PGC – 2006.
- -Organized the first international seminar on therapy using horses in Croatia, June 2008.
- -Organized several expert meetings and workshops on the topic of therapy by using horses (public forums, lectures, professional meetings)
- -Carried out collaborative projects with similar associations and organizations at national and international level
The grounds and facilities are located just 5 km from the Rijeka’s centre and are designed as a combination of therapy, recreation, sport and active leisure time. By 2016 the space has been adjusted for receiving various user groups and was divided into several parts:
– Public spaces with toilet (social room with mini-kitchen, stove, refrigerator, shower and toilet (M/F) and wardrobe)
-The orchard with greenhouse for gardening, garden paths, children’s playground and a green area for social activities.
-Accommodation units -3 bungalows for multi-day camps with a total of 15 beds. Common spaces and accommodation units are adapted for wheelchair users.
– Equestrian arena with quartz sand, measuring 30mx70m
-Accommodation facility and pastures for therapeutic and sport horses
The Association promotes ecological and renewable energy use and operates in compliance with environmental regulations and measures:
-Own on-site production of electricity – solar power equipment on the facilities
-Appropriate disposal of manure and waste
-Using the creek on the association’s grounds and rainwater for watering flowers and vegetable garden
-“Eco-island” is set up on the grounds with differentiated waste containers for sorting waste (plastic, glass, paper). Maintenance and restoration of orchards with chemically untreated fruit (apples, pears, apricots, plums, figs).